Apr 1, 2017

The “Station of Servitude”

After the Departure of the Blessed Perfection and till the Appearance of the next Manifestation there is no other station save the Station of Servitude, pure and absolute. Not a servitude liable to interpretation; but an unconditional and unqualified servitude. This is the real fact. Whosoever expresses any other interpretation, I will not be pleased with him. This is my advice to you. This is my counsel to you. This is my desire. This is my good pleasure. This is my last request from all the believers of God! The balsam to my wound is servitude at the Holy Threshold. My Sadratu’l-Muntaha is servitude at the Holy Threshold! My highest destination is servitude at the Holy Threshold! My Supreme Paradise is servitude at the Holy Threshold! My Spiritual Temple is servitude at the Holy Threshold! The Most Shining Crown is servitude at the Holy Threshold! What diadem is more glorious than Servitude at the Holy Threshold? 
- 'Abdu'l-Baha  (Words of ‘Abdu’l-Baha, recorded by Ahmad Sohrab; Extract from the Diary of Mirza Ahmad Sobrab, 17 January, 1914; Star of the West, vol. 5, no. 5, June 5, 1914)